5 Easy Steps to Evaluate Workbench
5 Easy Steps to Evaluate GrabCAD Workbench
1. Install the Desktop Client or SolidWorks Add-in
The desktop client and SolidWorks Add-in let you synchronize the files on your desktop with the files in the cloud.
2. Create a project and sync your desktop files
You decide when to sync the files between your desktop and the cloud.
- Watch a short “how to” video
- Create a project online and then sync it to a local folder.
3. Invite other collaborators to your project
Workbench makes it easy for both CAD users and non-CAD users to be certain they have the latest version, as well as make comments and markups on the model.
- Invite a non-CAD user and have them use the browser-based CAD viewer.
- Ask your collaborator to sketch right on the 3D model using Workbench’smarkup tools.
- Leave a comment for your collaborator and suggest they respond
- Ask a CAD user to install the desktop client and make a change to a file.
4. Make a change to a file and sync it
Version control is the key to successful file management, and Workbench makes it easy to lock files and track versions.
- Sync your files then make a change to the model and sync again. Note that the version number of the file has changed in the online project.
- Use the “Version Compare” button to compare the changes made to the new version from the previous one.
- Right click on a file to lock it then ask your collaborator to try to make a change. Note that they get a message warning them the file is locked.
- Click on the version number next to the file name and download a previous version.
- Right click on a file and make a new Revision.
5. Create a Partner Space
Publishing your files to selected partners gives you control over who sees what.
- Right click on a file and select “Add file to Partner Space”
- Click on the Partner Space you just created an invite a partner
- Ask the partner to confirm they can only see the files in that Partner Space